Thursday, October 20, 2011

Poem: Son for Sale

This poem was written over 5 years ago. It was written about my middle son Jonathan who is now 6.
I would say it could now apply to my son Jad too but Jad is a Daddy's boy so he is always looking for Daddy. Jonathan was a Mommy's boy from day 1, we share a special bond.

Son for Sale

Son for sale!
Son for sale!
Who will buy my son for sale?
He doesn't sleep,
all he does is weep.
This is why my son is for sale!
But...he is also sweet,
even when tears stain his cheek
and his wiggly little body can't find peace.
he calls "Ma! Ma!" for his mom alone
to come to him,
to be with him,
and come to him I do,
Even though sleep calls me too.
Hold him near, cuddled in close.
The tears will calm but for now
I listen...
just listen and love.
When his cries awaken me I myself want to weep
over my lack of solid sleep.
This is when I want to put my son up for sale!
But in each others arms we eventually both sleep,
he is mine, and mine alone to keep so
No son for sale.
No son for sale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn, what a beautiful post! I love your blog, especially the recipes that you share. In fact, I loved your coconut covered apple recipe so much that I shared it in a post on my own blog: http://infectiousoptimism.blogspot.com/2011/10/what-to-eat-wednesday-healthy-holiday.html

Happy early holidays. :)

Jenn said...

Thank you for the kind words and your support.

Thank you sharing the post on your blog too! I just looked at it and all of those recipes have me more excited for the holidays. I have been meaning to look for an egg nog recipe and now I have one!

I will be posting at least one new recipe a week on this blog. I just posted a new one tonight. I hope you enjoy it!